"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Monday, January 2, 2012

Hula Hoop Rug

We finished up our hula hoop rug!

We started the rug at my daugher's classroom holiday party. The kids donated the t-shirts to the class to make the rug and they all got to help make part of it.
I was super excited at all the bright colored t-shirts we got.
I got the shirts cut and the hoop set up ahead of time so that the students could just start weaving at the party.



There was not enough time to finish the whole rug during the party. Most of the first graders needed a bit of guidance so it was not a good activity for un-guided free time in the first grade classroom, but for an older class I could see it working well. My 4 year old son was able to do this with my help. He enjoyed this activity as well.


 It was a fun project to finish over Christmas break. She is excited to bring it back to her classroom tomorrow.


If you want to make your own hula-hoop rug head over to Family Fun for a full tutorial and instructions! They did a great job explaining things step by step!

1 comment:

  1. This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know You definitely put a new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Keep It Up

    ReplyDelete