"You are so creative!" I have heard that phrase constantly since I was little. DIY, Refashioning, Crafting, Sewing, Woodworking. I love it all! Now I have a place to keep my favorite projects or ideas organized and share them with you!



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Caboodles!!

Yes!
Just last week I saw someone pin a photo of their caboodle from the 80's. Then I looked through some photos to see if I could find a photo of the one I had. No such luck, but I did find a photo that someone had taken of kids craft supplies in a caboodle!



DING DING DING!!!

This is just what my little artist needed. Seriously it is the perfect thing! Like a craft supply tackle box!

 Then on a trip to Goodwill today to pick up 30 Beanie Babies,(yes, 30, that is another story) I saw it!!!

The exact style of Caboodle I had when I was a pre-teen. I think I got it when I was 12, so I believe it was a 90's caboodle but totally all Caboodle. In all paradoxes it could have very well been mine, maybe, possibly. I mean I live in the same town so who knows right?
 I knew I needed it but not for me of course.



For my 6 year old girl. She has had art supplies she won in the PBS Kids Go Writers and Illustrators Contest,  just sitting in her desk upstairs for almost a year now untouched. She has been using our bins of old crayons and markers because they are more easily accessible, and in the main living area. But now the little brothers (2 and 4) are into using the supplies as well and the markers don't always get capped right and the crayons sometimes get broken. This left my little artist with tools that were a bit sub-par to her standards.


 So I decided to put my daughters own supplies in her very own portable art kit. Things she can use without supervision since she is a big girl. Glue, scissors and tape that she can use anytime without having to ask first, and markers and crayons that are not broken.

I told her it was her early Valentine's gift from her mommy.
She was thrilled with the idea of having all the supplies in one spot, easy accessible and easy to put away.

Linking up here:
For the Kids Friday

2 comments: